Canada Medical Marijuana Compliance (ACMPR)
Previously called the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR), on August 24, 2016 the division was renamed to Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). There are 4 parts to the new framework that are similar to the previous MMPR. These include:
- Commercial producers must be licensed (called Licensed Producers or LP, for short) where quality controlled production and distribution of fresh, dried marijuana, marijuana seeds and plants or cannabis oil which must be controlled under sanitary and secure conditions.
- There is a limit to the amount of cannabis produced for medical purposes per site.
- Continuation of MMPR activities of LPs and broadening the scope of types of marijuana products
- Repeal of MMPR and establishing the ACMPR
A license is required to grow (among marijuana growers referred to as cultivation), manufacture and store or warehouse medical marijuana.
Quality Smart Solutions offers Regulatory Expertise for Medical Marijuana cultivation and selling including:
- Licensed Producer (LP) Application
- ACMPR Standard Operating Procedures Technical Writing
- Security System Compliance and Design Setup
- Pre-License Inspection Assistance
- Routine Site Inspection