Every Licensed Producer of Medical Marijuana must have a security system set up. Given that Medical Marijuana is a narcotic strict control of medical cannabis must be adhered to. In addition building layout and design will tie into this security system. The regulatory provisions related to the security requirements include:
- Signage and Physical Barriers – eg. fence, signs stating unauthorized access is prohibited
- Entrance, Doors and Frames – Fire rated doors, appropriate locks, door closures, switches
- Openings, Ducts and Mechanical/Electrical Pass-Throughs
- Wall Construction
- Glazing Panel Security
- Monitoring and Detection
- Video Coverage
- Redundancy and Back-ups – all recordings of detected occurrences kept for 2 years and storage of video surveillance maintained.
- Access Control
- Security Systems Control Mechanisms – alarm codes, combinations
- Intrusion monitoring
- Record of Detected Matters
- Power Supply
- Air Filtration
This list may not be exhaustive.
Quality Smart Solutions works with a security management firm who has a stellar record with zero issues or failures for their security system for Licensed Producers.